UPDATED: FINAL VERSION
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CARRY AND PROVIDE VACCINATION EVIDENCE IF YOU ARE ATTENDING. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THIS NOW. CLICK HERE TO VIEW INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VACCINATION EVIDENCE.
For locations outside of an eruv, please contact your local rabbi for more information about your vaccination evidence.
Yom Kippur Prayers and Reflection
An exemption has been granted for prayer and reflection at specific outdoor locations, under strict conditions on Thursday, 16 September 2021 ONLY.
Prayer leaders will be able to recite prayers for a period of 15 minutes at various intervals but only at the specified outdoor locations.
All attendees 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated (two doses). Attendees must carry their vaccination evidence and produce it on request. Fully vaccinated attendees will be able to attend select locations to engage in prayers and reflection, subject to the conditions below.
All Public Health Orders remain in full force and effect.
- You must remain within your 5km radius or Local Government Area.
- The NSW government Public Health Order exemption mandates that all individuals 16 years of age and over must be fully vaccinated (two doses) in order to participate.
- Attendees must carry their vaccination evidence and produce it on request.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms or are feeling unwell, regardless of vaccination status.
- You must wear a mask at all times, and strictly maintain social distancing.
- Undercover and uniformed police will be at all exempt locations to strictly enforce compliance with the Health Orders and to confirm vaccination status.
- It is essential you do not gather, mingle or congregate outside your household unit or group. Remain socially distant from all other groups or household units at all times. Your family unit or group cannot exceed 5 people aged 12 years or older.
- If you are unable to socially distance from other groups or household units, you must return at another time when you will be able to socially distance.
- Selected prayers will be recited for up to 15 minutes at regular intervals during the exempt time range.
- Participants must not chant or sing but may recite prayers.
- At the end of the selected prayers, move away from the area immediately so that others can participate.
- At all times be mindful and considerate of others.
We wish you and your family a meaningful Yom Kippur.
Gmar chatima tova – may you be inscribed in the book of life.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VACCINATION EVIDENCE
Or click here for information on how to download your COVID-19 vaccination confirmation CLICK HERE.